Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Correction Days Are Not the Morning After Pill

I belong to several HCG support group pages. I have noticed an alarming trend among HCGers. The process of using "Correction Days" as a "morning after pill".

Correction days are meant to be used when you have unexplained stalls or gains while doing the HCG diet.
In phase 2, the "stallbreakers" are used to re-jumpstart weight loss when you have stayed the same weight for more than 4 days, despite following the diet to a t. It is not to be used when your weight fluctuates or when you go off protocal or CHEAT.

In phase 3, the "correction days" are to be used when you go above 2lbs over your LDW (last day weight). For unexplained reasons. The key word is unexplained.

The trend I am seeing is people not sticking to protocal, gaining weight and then doing correction days, over and over again.

I've also seen folks plan a cheat day, and plan a correction day right behind it. I am reading things like,
"I was bad last night, going to do a correction day today" without even seeing the results of the "bad choices"  It's frustrating to see the abuse of the correction days.

I have never done a correction day. In any of my rounds or phases. Even when I gained 12 lbs on my mini-vacation. I just came back, got POP and dropped the weight in 4 days.

You need to find out why you are not saying on protocal in the first place. You are losing 2-3 days of losses for every day you cheat. Be honest with yourself about why you have stalled and why you have gained. If you have gone off protocal, get back on it and see if that works before you do you decide to do a correction day.

The process of cheating and correcting is destructive and confusing to your body. More than that, it creates complacency in your mind. You begin to believe that you can cheat then do a correction day, no harm, no foul.

Challenge yourself to stick to the program. The only one cheating hurts is yourself. You have to change your way of thinking or the minute you go into Phase 4, you are going to gain the weight back.

Just think before you do.................

1 comment: