Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Buh-Bye 10 Pounds

I did it! The first 10+ pounds have bitten the dust. 5 full days, 120 hours and I have lost 10.9 pounds. Wowza!
Doing the Happy Dance!

I know it doesn't seem like much in the overall picture, I have 100lbs to lose. BUT, baby steps. Smaller goals are better and easier to achieve. What a great boost and week one isn't even over. I'm going for 14lbs by Monday morning. That only  3.1 lbs, 1.55 per day each of the next 2 days. I CAN DO IT!!!
I am going to experiment today. Leave out one of my fruits, add extra protein. I really don't want to lose any muscle mass. What's a half a grapefruit anyway?

I have also noticed a drop in my fasting blood sugar in the am. It was normal today and has gone down consistently since the onset of the diet.
I did add acidophilous (to maintain a healthy intestinal tract and aid digestion) and biotin (for hair and nails) to my supplements. A friend of mine had gastric bypass and use biotin to thwart hair loss from lack of added fat in the diet.
I didn't sleep very well last night and I have read on several forums that this is an issue. It was just too late to take my sleeping pill because I had to get up early this morning and didn't want to feel groggy.
Not sure what the menu will be today. I'll be back later to update.

Menu for the day
Lunch: shrimp, asparagus, breadstick
Snack: apple
Dinner: chicken, spinach, melba
Snack: protein juice

Difficult day today. Family was going to go out to dinner, I was going to stay home to avoid the torture. Then they decided that they would just rather order pizza. The wafting aromas killed me. But I held firm. Proud of myself for that. Hopefully the scale will reward me in the am. Family is gone and I hope that I can get some decent sleep tonight.
Til' tomorrow~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment