Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, January 13, 2012

Slowing Down

It's the morning of VLCD Day 5. So 4 full days of the diet. I see now how the slows happen. I was gobsmacked with the amount of weight I lost on the first 3 days. 8.2 pounds. Wow. This morning I woke up to a significantly lower loss, only 1.1 lbs. I know that it is still a great loss, but was looking forward to a little more. The last two days I have eaten too little. I'm going to up the veggies. I'm not discouraged (well maybe a little) but any loss, no matter how small, is still a loss. Then I found this photo...puts things in perspective.

I feel better now!!!!!

I read in a forum about this "Cocoa Crack" Folks use it for upping weightloss and for calming that sweet chocolate craving. I'm not a big chocolate eater, but it it helps with the weight loss, I'm game.

Here is the recipe:

3tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp xylitol (natural calorie free sweetener
3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder.
 Melt the oil, mix all together and pour on a foil covered plate. Stick in the freezer to harden til you are ready to eat it. It ends up being like chocolate bark.  (It's not meant to be eaten everyday)

Here's the menu

Lunch: spinach, shrimp, melba (i added a little more spinach for the caloried)
Snack: orange
Dinner: Chicken, asparagus ,
Snack: strawberries

I went to Whole Foods and got stuff to make the cocoa crack, also picked up some flavored stevia drops (kinda steep on the price, but I'm worth it) I also found some liquid protein, just that, no sugar, no anything, organic protein 15gr/ounce/60 cal. I think I am going to substitute my breads for the protein. I'm just moving and doing too much to only have 60g of protein/day. I might be taking a chance, but I don't think it will hurt me. If I have to, I will drop a fruit.

Had a nice visit with my dad. He's zonked after a 12 hour drive. the chicken was good tonight, I "crusted" it with minced onion flakes and garlic salt, quite tasty.

Gonna have to try that cocoa crack.....

Be back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment