Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, January 6, 2012

01/01/12

Well it’s a new year and, of course, I have resolutions. I also turn 50 this week. A major milestone for anyone. I have decided after a half a century of giving, I was going to take a few things back and focus on myself. First order of business is to remove myself from a very toxic relationship. I did that. That already beng done, my priority is to lose weight and be healthy. I have been heavy all my life. Sometimes a lot heavier sometimes thinner, but NEVER thin. I’m there right now and I don’t like it. Having all this extra weight on me affects the way people look at me and treat me. I also affects the way I look at myself. The slam dunk for me was getting ready for a New Years Eve party. I was standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom, applying my makeup. This adage kept scrolling through my head. “YOU CAN PUT LIPSTICK ON A PIG, BUT IT’S STILL A PIG. That’s how I felt. Needless to say, I didn’t go out on New Years Eve. No amount of makeup, hair gel and black clothing was going to make me look good. That…..was my breaking point. Tired of people judging me. Tired of being told, “you have such a pretty face” or “you have the greatest personality” All those statements really mean is YOUR FAT. There are 1000 wonderful things about me as a woman. I’m tired of men not taking the time to look beyond “the package” which is my chubby self.

I’m taking control. Starting today. This blog started as a personal journal on my pc. But I decided to share this with others. Besides, it's much harder to fail when the whole world is watching.

A coworker of mine walked by me. WOW. She looked amazing. I asked her how she did it and she told me the HCG diet. I’d heard of it before, even considered it. But seeing her results. I’m stoked. I will be calling the Doctor she recommended tomorrow. (it’s Sunday or I would have called today) off to do research.

It’s a new dawn…It’s a new day….It’s a new life. And I’m feeling Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment