Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspirig Myself -Phase 2 VLCD Day 11



I woke up this morning with swollen fingers. The curry chicken cabbage soup I had yesterday was a little on the salty side. So I figured that the scale would not be good to me. So, with much trpidation, I stepped on the scale and to my delighted surprise, WAIT FOR IT~~~~~~
I lost another 2.4 pounds
TOTAL Loss 17.8

I was literally doing the naked Happy Dance (sorry, don't visualize that this early in the morning).

Now, I'm not sure if I mentioned this on an earlier post, but I had set a conservative goal for this 42 day program of 36 lbs, just under a pound a day. All the research and personal information from other people on the HCG diet averaged between .6 and 1 pound per day.
If you do the math, I have lost half of my goal weight in 11 days, less than 1/3 of the total length of the program. I know that the losses will slow, but wouldn't it be great IF THEY DIDN'T.

I found the most fabulous little guide. You can find it HERE. Lots of Phase 2 recipes, trick, tips, info.

I have battled with one portion of the diet and that is the fact that you don't eat breakfast. I know that the original Dr. Simeons Pounds & Inches program works. But you have to remember that this protocol was created in the 1950's. More current scientific research shows that, in order to jump start your metabolism in the morning, you need to eat something. Yesterday, before I worked in the yard, I had an ounce of protein juice and an apple. I still had a big loss. There were other variables, the extra activity and such. I am going to do the same thing today (I have to finish the front yard) and see what happens in the am.

Another observation, or lack of. I'm a big girl with a lot of weight to lose. I am realistic, in that I know that it will take quite a bit of weight before it really "shows". I did have a mini breakthrough when I realized that I could skip 2 hooks on my bra and it still feels loose. Baby steps!

Off to eat my apple and mow the yard. I'll be back for the daily menu~~~

Snack: apple, protein juice
Lunch: tilapia, asparagus
Snack: Orange
Dinner: Shrimp (garlic, lemon, red chili flakes, cilantro), spinach, grissini

Today was a good day. Hoping for more loss tomorrow. How cool would it be to reach 20lb loss. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment