Weight Loss Tracker

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

UP 4 POUNDS -what the heck?


I have my midway check up with the doctor. I will be weighed and re-measured. (Need to make sure I get copies of the firstones and this one, also my labs) I will probably have more labs done. Need to have the 2nd half meds mixed for me.

Hopefully, the Doctor will be happy with my progress, I know that I am.
Well, I just stepped on the scale and was horrified. I gained 4 lbs..yes 4 lbs. I stepped on the scale 2-3 times to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

How the hell does that happen. Lot's of water, lots of peeing, perfectly on protocol, That's alot of weight to gain. This is the kind of crap that makes me want to quit. I'm suffering, there, I said it suffering through this diet and what, to gain 4 pounds. Crap, I didn't even gain that much on load day eating crap.
I need to cool off.

Wll, I just got back from the doctors. She encouraged me and said I was doing great, and that it is probably water waiting to woosh away. I showed her all my food journals, my weight graphs and nutrition pie charts.
She told me that the scale has a good and evil side and that weighing daily could be joyful or painful. One of the FB Page members said that she was going to put her scale in the closet for a week, stay on protocol and see what happens at the end of the week. I just may do that too.

The doctor upped my dosage from 150 to 175. And she also said that my thyroid function is very very sluggish. 3 points above where it should be. She started me on Synthroid. I will start taking that tomorrow. Back for a checkup 10 days from now.
It's funny, every time I have had thyroid tests done, they have come back fine. Surprising, because when I was 12, I was diagnosed with an adolescent goiter and hypothyroidism. I was taking synthroid then. My endocrinologist died and my mother never took me back. Then all my tests appeared within the normal range. So nothing more was done about it.

We'll see what affect the meds have.
I told her about the egg whites in the am and showed her the correlation to the weight loss. She asked what the "protein juice" was, I told her and expressed my fear that I was losing too much muscle mass.
She seemed okay with it even though it isn't on protocol.
She also wanted me to keep track of my sleeping as it relates to weight loss/gain. She said that not getting good REM sleep contributes to fat retention. So I will add that to my daily journal.


All I can do is KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON.......

I did have a bit of an issue with the way that the assistant measured me. According to her, I have only lost 1 inch in each, waist, hips and chest. I cant see how thats accurate since I have gone down in clothing size and have no ass to put in my jeans.  She measured me fully clothed with baggy jeans and shirt. I am going to measure myself tomorrow when I get up. Keep track of it  myself.

I'm going to work out for a bit. Maybe sweat out some of this water. Then I will make my lunch and then off to work.

Menu for the day:
Lunch:chicken, spinach
Snack: Orange
Dinner: Shrimp on a salad
Snack: 1 sm grapefruit (they look like oranges)

No comments:

Post a Comment