Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, January 21, 2012

My Son is Leaving- Stress and Dieting



I have done the research and know that stress definitely plays a role in weight gain. When you are stressed, Cortisol levels rise and cause your metabolism to slow. I am getting ready to go through some stress and need to nip it in the bud and sontrol the stress level.

My son told me last night that his Air Force recruiter has given him an opportunity to leave earlier than expected. Because of his job choice in the Air Force, if he doesn't go now, they don't know when he will leave. He wants to get this next chapter of his life moving. I am proud of him for that. But he will leave on February 14th. That's a little over 3 weeks away. aaack. That's too soon. I know that not wanting him to leave so soon is selfish on my part, and I know that I need to, literally, let him spread his wings and take flight. But I'm a mom and he is still my baby boy. So, on top of him leaving, it will also create an empty nest for me. And being a single mom, an empty house. Leaving me alone. So I need to try to get through this and not let it affect me negatively. I must keep positive thoughts about the entire situation. I am very excited for him. But not so much for me................

No comments:

Post a Comment