Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Well, since I am now officially in Phase 3, I decided to make the infamous Cauliflower Pizza Crust. Skeptical, you betcha. But......this is how it turned out.

Can you believe that is cauliflower, eggs and cheese!
I couldn't believe it. When I turned it over, to cool it on the rack, Looked just like pizza crust. Amazing.
super simple to make and honestly, I could eat it without any toppings.
Here's the recipe

The ratio will always be
1 c. **riced or grated raw cauliflower
1/2 c. shedded cheese (any brick type cheese will do)
1 egg

I made a triple batch because I ended up with 3 cups of grated cauliflower.

So mine was
3c grated cauliflower (medium side of the grater)
1 1/2 c of shredded cheddar
3 eggs
italian seasonng blend

Mix it all together well, with our hands like you're making meatloaf.
Line a shallow baking pan, pizza pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper
Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray
Spread the mixture out evenly to about 1/4 thick. Don't leave it too thick or it won't bake correctly. If you have more mixture than will fit in your pan, use a second pan.

Bake in the oven at 425 until golden brown. it was about 50 minutes for the triple batch. Keep your eye on it.
At this point, add your pizza toppings and bake until cheese is bubbly.

Voila! bread free pizza!

NOTE: The edges do get crispy. When I make this again, I will make small single size rounds so that the edges crisp all the way around. I transfered my batch to a rack and let it cool completely. Then I sliced it into 6 pieces, made a pizza with one and put the rest in the freezer.




No comments:

Post a Comment