Weight Loss Tracker

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Messed Up

Okay, so here's how the day went yesterday. I had some eggwhites and spinach and a wasa cracker for breakfast and then went for a walk. I left for Key Largo at 2 and arrived at 3. Beautiful day with beautiful people. This was a reunion of old school dispatchers, some retired and some on the verge. But it all revolved around my good friend Marlene who has been battling cancer for 3 years now. It was wonderful to see old friends and to experience the love that everyone feels for Marlene.
Me and Marlene (the strongest woman I know)


This get together was at a place called Gilberts. Beautiful spot on the water. Giant Tikki hut. Mellow Keys style music from a 3 piece band. And lots of beer, burgers, seafood and my favorite Conch Fritters (I'm part island girl, my grandpas from the Bahamas).

Anywho........I had taken my trusty water bottle and that's all I drank. I knew that I needed to eat something, but what. The ONLY thing that had that was on protocal was shrimp cocktail. So I ordered that and ditched the cocktail sauce, opting for hot sauce and lemon juice. It wasn't much, only 6 med size shrimp. And they had no veggies. At least I had some protein in my belly.

I stayed there for a few hours and at 6:30, headed back to Miami. One more event to attend that evening.

Home at 7:15, showered, changed and then off to the Fire Department Retirement Party. Dinner, drinks, dancing and celebration. For the dinner, I checked the buffet line, everything was covered in some sort of sauce or gravey. I passed. Usually they have some sort of carving beef, but not this time. Darn. I went to the bar and, even though Mr. Jack Daniels was calling my name, I opted for club soda with lime. We did find a seafood bar at the corner of the room. Yes....shrimp....Yikes! I already had shrimp today. What to do? Well, I decided that shrimp was still the way to go. I also had a few oysters. They are not listed on protocol, but we can have scallops so I thought maybe they would be okay.

Unfortunately, I didn't CHEAT, so to speak, I actually ate too little. The total caloric intake for the day was only 272. Yikes! Funny things is. I wasn't really hungry. And I had energy to spare after  going all day. Another note to make. I didn't drink very much water yesterday. I didn't want to drink too much before I left for the Keys. Nowhere to stop, not even the side of the road on that long stretch of the overseas highway. Didn't drink much there. (the long ride back). And only had 3 short glasses of soda water at the retirement dinner. I did drink a liter of Fiji water when I got home at night. Normally, I'm a gallon plus girl. Always have been.

The loss of 34 pounds paired with ridding myself of toxic foods, had really change me.

I just hope that the lack of calories doesn't affect my losses this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment