Weight Loss Tracker

Monday, February 27, 2012

Phase 3 day 5 Trying to Stabilize

Day 5 on Phase 3 and I'm feeling good. I haven't stepped on the scale yet, but hoping the additional calories have helped me to stabilize. As of yesterday, I was 3.2 lbs below LIDW. I posted for help on a coouple of my FB HCG pages. The response was add more calories. I have been doing that consistently since day 1 of phase 3. Yesterday, I consumed  1,800  calories. The day before 1,660 and the day before 1,250. So I have upped then gradually.

There are two schools of though for the recommended calorie consumption during P3. The writing in the original HCG diet protocal, says 1,500. However, as you can see, I am having to eat much more, in order to remain withing the 2lb limit.

Others have said to use a BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) calculator to see what your minumum calorie consumption should be. It's a math equation and according to this particular calculator, I should be eating at least 1,900 calories per day to maintain my current weight. This calculation DOES NOT take into consideration your activitiy level. With light exercise 1-3 days per week it says that I should be eating 2,622 per day. With moderate, 2,956. I am somewhere between the two as far as activity level goes. WOW!.
Note that the most accurate way is to be tested by professionals.

When I posted for help. Candace Eckberg said, not to worry about losing more weight in Phase 3 especially if I plan on doing more rounds. Simply because I am not really wanting to stabilize at this weight.

We weill see what the scale says and act on that accordingly. Weight 215.9 up .3. This is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment