Weight Loss Tracker

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Health Benefits of the HCG Eating Plan

Good morning. Today is Thursday, February 9th, 2012. Day 31 of the VLCD HCG Diet Phase 2.
What will the scale show today? Well I'm going to tell you. Wait for it.......

Down 2lbs today...total loss 31.2


I'm chugging along. Feeling good about staying POP (perfectly on protocol) during my outing to the mall. I found that I am not as obsessed with the diet as I was in the first 3 weeks. I'm not saying that I'm not into it anymore, just saying that I have become more comfortable with it.

I have even decided that after my son leaves, I am going to gather  up all the carbs in the pantry and donate them. O temptation at home. I really want to make this way of eating (notice I didn't say diet) my way of life. I shouldn't be eating wheat products anyway as I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a few years ago.

Celiac (SEE-lee-ak) disease is a digestive condition triggered by consumption of the protein gluten, which is primarily found in bread, pasta, cookies, pizza crust and many other foods containing wheat, barley or rye. People with celiac disease who eat foods containing gluten experience an immune reaction in their small intestines, causing damage to the inner surface of the small intestine and an inability to absorb certain nutrients.

For years, I thought I was doing the right things by eating whole wheat everything, bread, pasta, crackers. Little did I know that I was literally killing myself.

So this for life way of eating will help me in more ways than one.

The food plan has already allowed me to cut my TYPE 2 Diabetes medication in half. My blood sugar is within the NON-diabetic normal range every time I check it.
Luckily, I have never had high blood pressure, but I have read testimonials by folks that they are off of their medication and their blood pressure is back within the normal range.

Some people have told of less joint pain, and extremity swelling. Mostly due to less weight, therefore less strain on the joints.

So there are many positive benefits of the HCG mainteance food plan.

Todays Menu

Lunch: roast beef lettuce wraps, apple cabbage slaw (1/2 apple)
Dinner: Asian marinated chicken breast with grilled white onion and cucumber salad

No comments:

Post a Comment