Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year

Happy Hump Day and Happy Leap Year. Phase 3 Day 7. I have a confession to make. I didn't exactly stick to yesterdays menu. I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to, except for maybe the cocktail sauce, but I have no idea how many calories I had. I am still in stabilization mode so the scale will tell me where I am at.

The verdict is in.

We had a retirement party at work for one of my co-workers. There were sooo many kibbles.  This was a true test of willpower. The temptation was everywhere. Once everything was set up, I surveryed the room for what I could and couldn't have. After 7 weeks on the protocal and following the basic premise of the diet which is NO SIMPLE CARBS, I was able to easily identify the good and the bad. If I had a question about what was in it, I asked whoever made it.

The only other thing I may have gone overboard with was the sodium. But I just kept drinking water.

Below is a list of what was available to eat. The bold and underlined foods are what I had. I also listed the reasons why I didn't choose the other foods. I did take along my wasa cracker, just incase I wanted it for dipping.

Meatballs (no because of the grape jelly and chile sauce)
BBQ chicken wings (NO because of the bbq sauce)
Grilled chicken wings
Fried chicken wings (NO because of the breading)
Buffalo style chicken dip (cream cheese, chicken, blue cheese and franks hot sauce)
Veggie tray with ranch dip and dill dip (no ranch because of the sugar)(no carrots)
Spicy mango chutney cream chees spread (NO because of the mango preserves)
Crab and cream cheese spread (crab, cocktail sauce and cream cheese)
Hot artichoke dip (artichoke, dukes mayo, parmesean cheese)
Spinach dip bread bowl (NO because of the bread and sugar in the soup mix)
Shrimp dip ( shrimp, cream cheese, callions, green peppers, mozzarella cheese)
Crackers (NO carbs)
Chips (NO carbs)
Rum Cake (NO obvious) but t was calling my name
Key Lime Pie (NO obvious)
Sodas (NO )
Tuna Macaroni salad (NO pasta)

I believe i made the best choices, I probably shouldn't have eaten the cocktail sauce, but it was a miniscule amount.

I will see what the scale says in the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment