Weight Loss Tracker

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mirror Mirror on The Wall

I thought I would touch on a subject that I have seen in my forums lately. The one comment that struck a chord with me was "When will the minds eye catch up to what you see in the mirror"






I know that I suffer from this. When I look in the mirror, I still see a 256lb Tammi. I know that I have lost weight (the scale tells me that). I know that I have lost inches (the large bag on 22's., 20's and 18 pants tell me this). But why, when I look in the mirror do I still see the "fatter" me?

Maybe it's because I see myself everyday in the mirror and the minor daily changes just arent obvious.

I know that when I look at my progress photos that there is a definite change. Perhaps I should focus on those instead of the mirror.

My coworkers see the change and tell me so (they are extremely supportive, except for the few haters who are just jealous of my success)

I think that I will put my progress photos on the mirror where I check myself everyday. I think this may help me to change the way my mind sees me in the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment