Weight Loss Tracker

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Support System


I just wanted to touch on the importance of a good support system while doing this diet, or any diet for that matter.

When I first told my friends and family that I was doing the HCG diet, I was met with quite a bit of resistance. I got the typical oooh be careful and 500 cals is so little. yadda yadda yadda. But when the pounds started dropping off and they saw that I had energy and starting dropping pounds like crazy, they were all on board.

The majority of my co-workers have been unbelievably supportive. Yes, there are some "haters", mostly from those who lack the self-control or willpower to take on such an extreme weightloss program. I'm really not interested in their opinions any way.

Those that support me, have called nicknamed me skinny, they encourage me and give me compliments. Yesterday as I was walking into work infront of a coworker. She said "damn Tammi, what size are those jeans, cause they look awfully tiny" That evening, another coworker said "OMG Tammi, you are getting so skinny, I didn't even recognize you from behind". Please note, I am far from skinny, but compared to my 256 lbs, I am "skinnier". Things like that are what I look back on and repeat in my head whenever I have a weak moment.

My other great support system are the Forum and Facebook Pages I belong to. I don't know these folks personally, but I can always count on a pat on the back, words of encouragement and alot of cheerleading!

Pooh Pooh to all the naysayers. I have learned to let their negative comments roll off my back. The proof is in the pudding. 50lbs~~~~gone. 4 jeans sizes~~~~~~gone

Stick that in your hater head.


So my advice is to surround yourself with positive, encouraging people. It will really help you to attain your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment