Weight Loss Tracker

Friday, March 23, 2012

Day 5

Good morning. I'm down 1.5lbs, which only negates the gain yesterday. I'm kinda frustrated. I should be losing. When I gain and then lose, I feel like I have lost a day. But I shall move forward.

I did have an enlightening moment yesterday. I decided to pull out the sewing machine and take in a few things that were too big. After trying on every pair of jeans in my closet, most were way to big to be altered. So I ended up with a big black garbage bag full of close to be taken to goodwill. YAY!

22's gone, 20's gone, 18's gone. some 16's fit others could be taken in. And yesterday, I wore a pair of 15's (don't even know where I got those) to work. wooohoooo. One of my coworkers recently lost a few pounds and brought me 5 pairs of 14 jeans. I will fit into them come hell or high water.

My overall goal size is an 8. I haven't been in a single digit in 30+ years. Maybe it's a lofty goal, but I am aiming high! I have the jeans hanging on the outside of my closet. (along with the bathing suit that I will wear this summer.


I really need to stop letting the scale rule my day. It is just a tool. I don't even really care what my end weight is. I am more about body composition and size. Heck, at 174 I was wearing a size 12. i just want to really feel comfortable in my own skin. I'm 50 years old. I am not out to look like a model (I'm too short anyway)

Someone posted a great video on not worshiping the scale.



On that note, I am going to get ready to hit the trails for my walk. Feeling good this am. I actually got more sleep than usual. Walked 5.5 miles

Haven't even thought about the menu for the day. I'll be back later to post it.

Menu for the day
Lunch: beef and onion fajita on a bed of shredded lettuce with fresh salsa
Snack: strawberries
Dinner: Shrimp with brussel sprouts
Snack: apple

No comments:

Post a Comment